Web copywriting - the good and the not-so-good

Friday, March 07, 2008

Cobbler's child Mk II - the web copywriter's tale

The lovely people at Line have just relaunched their website, and rather handsome it is too. (Nicely done, chaps.)

This has got me thinking about my main web copywriting website, and I'm in the middle of mapping out the information architecture for a major update.

Don't get me wrong - the site has served me well in the four-or-so years it's been up there. But the business has moved beyond the constraints of the navigation, and now seems like a good time to redevelop the whole shebang.

I'm obviously going to dedicate a large portion of the site to my web copywriting courses, but I also want to make more of my portfolio. That's because I've worked on some monstrously large sites that I've not even uploaded to the portfolio section, which is a bit embarrassing.

But what I'd really like to do is come up with an IA as impressive as Line's - something that encapsulates what Blackad does from the reader's very first glimpse at the page. (My good friends at The Usability Lab have offered to help - thanks Simon.)

I'm also determined not to go down the route of constructing the whole site as a blog; that just doesn't feel right for the people I want to reach.

And of course, it'll have to be pretty.

As well as redeveloping the IA, I'm also going to completely refresh the content on the existing site. This may seem insane, but I want to test out some of my new ideas (and content) before site relaunches for real. Prepare yourselves for a torrent of activity.

1 Comments:

  • I understand what your aims are , i think software name "Glyphius" can be your choice, try this copywrite software and you can reach your goal, glyphius Improves Profitability Using Statistical Analysis To Mathematically Study Profitable Ads ...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home