Web copywriting - the good and the not-so-good

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What's 18th century author Tobias Smollett got to do with copywriting for the web? Not a lot, as it happens. Except that I can't get the name of his first novel out of my head when I look at my site statistics.

While most people are searching for things you'd expect (like "web copywriting course") the occassional term leaps out of the page due to its sheer oddness. In the first of a series of characteristically irregular updates, here are the most oddly random search terms which led readers to my website over the last fortnight:

"snooker halls in Aylesbury"

..which is closely followed by:

"Glasgow Burberry"

A bit of digging around reveals the first term is tucked away in a PDF of a brochure I wrote a few years ago - and the second in a gateway page I use to capture people looking for a copywriter in Glasgow. (If you need me to bring my chib to the next briefing session, just ask)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home